Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jamie Christina - New Patterns

Jamie Christina has just brought out two new sewing patterns.  We have just got them into the shop, along with an older one that we have not stocked before, and we are really pleased to have them 'on the shelf'.


The two new ones are both dress patterns.

The Mission Maxi is 'a soft free flowing maxi dress with plenty of options to choose from: tank top maxi, halter top maxi, and godet back maxi.'  The tank top and halter to can be made in a shorter length to create vest tops too! Designed to be sewn up in knit fabrics, this pattern is a super first time knit project.


The Miz Mozelle Dress is a 'vintage inspired pattern featuring a peter pan collar, keyhole neckline, and an easy to make elastic waist'. This pattern recommends stretch fabrics with drape; however, you can use woven fabrics too. Just go up one size for the Bodice, Collar, and Sleeves.


Finally, we've add to our pattern collection another apron... the Cupcake Apron is a great addition with full and half versions with several options.

Oh, and these three new patterns takes us to 100 different patterns in the shop.  I know! A whole hundred different sewing patterns from independent designers.  How cool is that?!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I so love maxi dresses! So many sewing patterns are for dress styles I'm not really into, but this is really lovely. I really like the stripy fabric they've used for this particular one too! Understated but perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this at 4.30 this morning and had to stop myself from squeaking or typing a comment at the time - both of which may have woken my husband. The Mozelle dress is adorable! I haven't heard of this range of patterns before, but they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, the Mozelle dress is gorgeous! I like the Maxi, but as I am small person I would never wear one..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the maxi dress! I've only just discovered Backstitch via twitter but have had to exert some serious self-control not to buy everything right now! Luckily it's my birthday next week so I have sent a list of all the patterns and fabrics across to my family in the hope that they might get me some!

    ReplyDelete