Tuesday, September 14, 2010
The lovely people over at David & Charles have given me three copies of 'Simple Sewn Gifts' by Helen Philipps for giveaway.
A cute book, with a good selection of basic (true to the 'simple' in the title) projects and great for fun sewing. There is a strong emphasis on the embellishment of each project and particularly on cross stitch. It gives you some great inspiration for 'prettying up' your pieces.
You can read the full review in our articles section here.
How do I win a copy of the book?
There are two ways to enter the competition:
1. Follow Backstitch on Twitter, and tweet the following text: 'Do you sew? @backstitchshop is giving away craft book 'Simple Sewn Gifts' over here http://tinyurl.com/sew-ssg RT and follow to win'
2. Leave a comment on this post telling us which is your favourite printed fabric in the Backstitch shop right now.
You can enter two times into the draw. One entry via each method. Once the competition closes, at 12:00 BST on Tuesday 21 September 2010, we will pick one entry at random from all valid entries.
And, if you don't win a copy of this book you have the chance to purchase it at a reduced price: David & Charles are offering Backstitch customers the chance to purchase the book at the special price of £8.99 (rrp £14.99) with free p&p (UK only), click here and quote code R11304 at the checkout.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Entry to the competition is restricted to two entries per person please.
2. You must be a follower on Twitter to enter via that medium.
3. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
4. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. Winners will be contacted via blog/ Twitter names displayed on our website.
6. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
7. The competition will run from 14 September 2010 14:00 BST until 21 September 2010 12:00 BST.
8. Backstitch is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
at 2:00 PM