David & Charles is 'Fast Fabric Gifts' by Sally Southern, and again I am giving you the chance to win my copy. This book has a number of cute projects that encourage trying new and varied embellishment techniques. You can read the full review in the articles section of the website.
From the book I made the ‘Pretty pencil case’, a zip-up case with an appliqué bird using Amy Butlers Wild Flowers in Navy. I found the appliqué and embellishing really very enjoyable. The book encouraged me to try something a little different to what I would have done without instruction, and for me this was a pleasant surprise. I’m really pleased with the end product and use it in my handbag.
How do I win a copy of the book?
There are two ways to enter the competition:
1. Follow Backstitch on Twitter, and tweet the following text: 'Do you sew? @backstitchshop is giving away craft book 'Fast Fabric Gifts' over here http://tinyurl.com/sew-fff RT and follow to win'
2. Leave a comment on this post telling us what the last fabric gift you made was.
You can enter two times into the draw. One entry via each method. Once the competition closes, at 12:00 BST on Mon 12 July 2010, we will pick one entry at random from all valid entries.
And, if you don't win a copy of this book you have the chance to purchase it at a reduced price: David & Charles are offering Backstitch customers the chance to purchase the book at the special price of £6.99 (rrp £14.99) with free p&p (UK only), click here and quote code R11235 at the checkout.
Amy Butler Wild Flowers
Klona Cotton Purple
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Entry to the competition is restricted to two entries per person please.
2. You must be a follower on Twitter to enter via that medium.
3. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
4. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. Winners will be contacted via blog/ Twitter names displayed on our website.
6. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
7. The competition will run from 05 July 2010 09:00 BST until 12 July 2010 12:00 BST.
8. Backstitch is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.